Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- “You”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- Sales of solutions, products and services to customers – contractual obligation
- Maintaining our accounts and records – contractual obligation
- Legal or Enforcement (Security + prevention and detection of crime – legal obligation
- Outward Marketing communications – legitimate interests
- Requests for information, marketing collateral etc. – your consent to allow us to fulfil your request
- Research activity we might undertake is covered by our legitimate interest.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
- You also have the right to complain to the UK ICO [www.ico.org.uk], The Finnish Office of the Data Protection Tietosuojavaltuutettu [www.tietosuoja.fi] or any other relevant national body if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Email marketing messages, newsletters & subscriptions
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are entirely controlled by ourselves and do not involve any 3rd party suppliers.
Email newsletters and marketing messages that we send do not contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies.
Any newsletters and email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. You may withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time by using the contact information detailed on the footer of this document.
We hold the following information about you within our system;
- Email address
- Subscription time & date
Correcting, erasing and requesting access your data
If you believe that any of the data we hold about you is incorrect or being misused, or want further information you may contact us.
You may also gain access to the data we hold on you by contacting us.
You have the right to ask us to remove your data from all of our systems. As long as the-re is not a compelling reason not to do this (e.g. a live contractual obligation) we will implement your request.
You may also contact us and request that we restrict the processing we perform with your data.
Please address requests to: Tommi Hanninen, Joisto OY Keskikatu 4 P 5, FI-04200 Kerava, email: email@example.com, Tel: +358 40 900 5115.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
Joisto OY Privacy Notice Policy:
v.1.0 6th December 2018.